Tuesday, December 14, 2004

All Snot, All the Time

I read somewhere at one point that the average baby gets eight colds before he or she turns two. My kid hit eight colds somewhere around the one year mark, and the snot just keeps on coming.

For the most part, it seems to bother me more than it does her. I just don't love the notion that snot is dripping all over her toys, clothes, furniture, and family. Call me crazy, but . . . ! I quiver in my boots to think of all the additional snot that I'll get to experience when/if the metropolitoddler heads off to preschool next year.

Other than purelling every square inch of my daughter's body every ten minutes or putting her into a bubble and never letting her encounter another human being, is there anything to be done to prevent some of these colds?