Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Stiiiiiillllll Pregnant

I figured someone might think my lack of posting was because I had the kid. Nope. I'm here. 11 days to the due date.

My various friends with due dates near mine, however, have all become parents in 2004. The friend due Jan 2 with kid #2 I always assumed would go before me, and she did. The friend due a week after me had her daughter on Christmas. And the sister of a friend who was due on the same day as me experienced some health problems and was induced early, and mother and daughter are doing fine. All three had girls, so maybe my son just has a thing for older women and wanted to make sure they arrived before he did....

So at this point, I'm feeling really large. Everyone at the office wants to know what I'm still doing here, and I keep asking where else I should be! I feel fine, I'm getting stuff done at the office, and I'll feel better if I wrap up lots of loose ends before this kid arrives. The only real issue is the inability to get close to my desk, which makes typing uncomfortable.

All is ready at home - the to-do lists are finished, the baby's room is ready for an occupant (except for the furniture), and we've packed our bags.

The best news of all is that the mad itching, which seems to have been a common pregnancy ailment called PUPPP (said as "Pupps") has almost completely cleared up. The belly is now simply dry again, and the arms are no longer ragingly red and painful. I'm back to simply moisturizing, and it isn't keeping me up at night. The last two nights, I've actually gotten some decent sleep. (Not uninterrupted, just decent.) Whew.

Wishing all of our readers (I know you're out there!) a very happy New Year!