Thursday, December 16, 2004

TMI - Sorry

Is there any remedy for ragingly itchy stretch marks? I don't care if the product minimizes their appearance, I just care that it will stop me from waking up several times a night due to having scratched my belly bloody. Currently I am Lubriderming 8-10 times a day, which has a temporary soothing effect, but no lasting one. Cocoa butter made it worse, and I'm not permitted to use hydrocortisone, as the steroids in it can apparently thin out my skin, making the problem worse.

Unfortunately, this problem seems to be spreading - my skin is drier (and thus painfully itchier) than it's ever been, despite regular moisturizing, sleeping with a humidifier, and drinking more water than I ever have. And I'm developing a weird rash on my inner forearms - at least I'm allowed to put hydrocortizone on that, which seems to be helping.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for having grossed you out, if I have. But I'm losing my mind here. This has been a remarkably easy pregnancy, but the itching is making me absolutely crazy.