Thursday, November 04, 2004

Deep Thoughts, or at least Random Ones

- The Incredibles is getting great reviews. I already have my tickets for tomorrow night. I'm very excited to have a kid so that my passion for kids music, kids movies and kids books will no longer seem odd to my friends and family.

- My crib linens, along with the requisite cute matching accessories, have arrived. I have bought Dreft (Mr. Banana: "Isn't that just Perfume Free Tide with a higher price tag?" Lola Banana: "Shut up, I'm nesting.") and washed said linens. I have also washed the various baby items I have purchased on eBay. I'm feeling more ready. Mr. Banana thinks I'm crazy. He's likely correct.

- My baby's heartbeat is my favorite sound in the world. I cry every time I hear it, as I did at my appointment on Tuesday. The relief it gives me that all is well makes me irrationally happy.

- Am contemplating the issue of banking cord blood. Several of my friends have done it, but all have had some reason (getting it for free, history of nasty diseases in the family) that override the main issues here - high cost with low potential usefulness. All thoughts on the subject welcome.

- Mr. Banana is currently working on our latest condo-improvement project - ripping out our bathroom floor (which was hideous and in disrepair due to a hundred years of bad maintenance and boneheaded decisions by previous owners) and replacing it with nice new tile AND a radiant floor heating system! I'm very excited. My entire home is filled with concrete dust, but I'm thrilled that my husband knows how to do this, that he enjoys it, and that I'll be getting such a lovely bathroom out of the deal. There's only one drawback - this bathroom is the one right next to our bedroom, and it's off limits for a few weeks. This 31 weeks pregnant woman now has to go all the way to the other end of the house in the middle of the night, often several times, to pee. So far, it's totally worth it. But I'm very, very glad that once Mr. Banana starts a project, he works furiously until he completes it.

- Baby socks are cute, but how the heck to do you keep from losing them in the laundry?