Friday, November 05, 2004

There's a Land That I See....

Listening to LaunchCast today, the wonderful Carole King Really Rosie CD came on. Always been a favorite album of mine, long after I wore out my LP as a kid (had the Sendak books, too!). Got me thinking about kids music. I've already collected up all my kid-oriented CDs to put in the bambino's room, but I know there are other good ones out there that I should know about.

I have: Free to Be You and Me, Really Rosie, all the Animaniacs CDs, two Trout Fishing in America CDs, the soundtrack to Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, Sesame Street 25th Anniversary CD, the entire Schoolhouse Rock oeuvre, and probably a few other things.

I know I need: They Might Be Giants kids CD, and a bunch of stuff by Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer.

What else do your kids like? What do they like as toddlers and what did they like as babies? I'm not looking for standard kids sappy crap that isn't decent music - I'm looking for stuff that they'll you like listening to as adults as well. Good, fun stuff, or stuff to put them to bed with that isn't going to drive me crazy.

Because if you don't give me some ideas, Mr. Banana is going to sneak in the kid's room and play him a steady diet of 70s classic rock.