Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Five Things

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. No religious obligations, no foregoing of normally enjoyable foods, things, or pastimes, nothing. Just good food, time spent with family and/or friends, and reflecting on the things that make life wonderful.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that everyone who hangs out here in Urban Mommyland is thankful for their offspring (or offspring-to-be) and spouses. Here are five specific things that I am particularly thankful for this Thanksgiving.

  • I'm thankful for my daughter's uncontrollable laugh when we play "drop the cap from the milk carton" and for her enthusiastic hugs and kisses.


  • I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to watch her grow and develop and take on characteristics that so clearly derive from my husband's and my own personalities.


  • I'm thankful for these undoubtedly fleeting days when I am the central person in her life.


  • I'm thankful for a husband who considers me the central pillar of his life (a view that I suspect will be less fleeting than my daughter's!).


  • I'm thankful for friends with whom I can laugh and talk and share stories about this interesting world in which we all find ourselves living (and I'm thankful for email, without which I would be able to spend much less time with said friends!).
What about you?