Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Doctor, Doctor

Just came back from the doctor. One more two week follow-up, and then I'm on an every week basis, so we just went ahead and made the rest of my appointments. Very disturbing to make an appointment for AFTER my due date. I know, I know, I'm likely to be late, but still. You get that date in your head as the finish line and yet, there's still more doctor's visits! I did refuse to schedule one for the week after that - if the kid is still in there by then, I'm pulling it out with my trusty salad tongs.

Apparently, I misunderstood the kick count instructions - my Type-A self was doing three times a day, and she only wants twice, and she doesn't care about start and end times, only that he's kicking 8-10 times in the hours I count. A little easier to manage. So far, so good for both me and the baby - doc says everything looks good.

Now, if only we could find time to paint and get carpet for this kid's room!